In the digital age we are living in now, computers like laptops, desktops, and tablets are essential household things that can be used for anything. Computers make it simple to do things like handle finances, make content, and connect with others. But the keyboard, which is often forgotten, is an important part of connecting people to their digital devices. With roots in the typewriter and ancestors like teleprinters and keypunch machines from the 1870s, this simple way of entering information was the main way people interacted with computers until the mouse came along in 1984.
Surprisingly, the keyboard doesn’t get much attention when it comes to improvements. A lot of people are still using simple, plain computers, missing out on the chance to do something amazing. We’ve put together a list of the fanciest and most expensive keyboards on the market in 2024, whether you’re a tech fanatic, like to show off your stylish office, or need a gift for another tech fanatic.
List Of Top 10 Most Expensive Keyboards Of All Time
A keyboard for a computer that looks like a typewriter is common, but not all of them are the same. A regular USB keyboard might cost around $20, but these high-end keyboards cost thousands of dollars and add a touch of luxury to your workspace.
Here are the top 10 most expensive keyboards of 2024:
1. ADATA Golden Summoner Keyboard – $10,000
The ADATA Golden Summoner Keyboard is a game accessory that breaks the rules with its outrageous $10,000 price tag. That really did happen; it wasn’t a mistake. This piano is a real work of art. It was made from pure gold, which is one of the most valuable materials in the world.
- 24-Karat Gold Elegance: The ADATA Golden Summoner Keyboard is stunning with 24-karat gold plating on every surface. Besides being a keyboard, it’s a statement of luxury.
- Elegant Craftsmanship: The most expensive keyboard shows its founders’ skill with exquisite detail. Gold shines from every key, function key, and exposed faceplate.
- Limited Edition: ADATA produced just 6 of these golden beauties, elevating exclusivity. Those who own the Golden Summoner are connoisseurs.
2. Sui President Aluminum Keyboard – $8,607
Here is the Sui President Aluminium Keyboard, which is a great example of Japanese innovation and skill. It combines form and function in the most beautiful way possible. The insanely high price of $8,607 for this professional PC keyboard makes it a true work of art. It mixes cutting-edge technology with simple design.
- Elegant Simplicity: The Sui President Aluminium Keyboard exudes minimalism. With its small design and brushed aluminium finish, it looks great in any high-end computer setup.
- Handcrafted Excellence: Japanese artisans work nearly two months making each keyboard. Everything from the keys to the build quality shows this attention to perfection.
These keyboards are created to order, so each one is carefully crafted. It’s personalised technology.
3. Happy Hacking Keyboard HG – $4,390
The Happy Hacking Keyboard HG is a keyboard that was made to be used for professional work. While most game keyboards have backlit keys that look great, this one is different—the keycaps are completely blank. It’s not your normal keyboard, and it’s not for the faint of heart—it costs about $4,390.
- Minimalism: The Happy Hacking Keyboard HG is minimalistic to the max. Its blank keycaps and compact layout appeal to touch-typists.
- Japan’s technological advancements and attention to detail are featured in this limited edition keyboard. It combines Japanese artistry and modern keyboard technology.
- Wajima Lacquer Keycaps: These keycaps distinguish this keyboard. These beautifully made keycaps provide an unmatched physical and visual keyboard experience.
4. Tfue's Custom Keyboard – $3,500
You can play games in style with Tfue’s Custom Keyboard, which is owned by one of the most famous Twitch streamers. There is a special piece of game hardware that costs $3,500. It’s not just any keyboard; it’s a custom-made one made from aluminium and stainless steel for high-response gaming.
- Excellence: Tfue’s Custom Keyboard is handcrafted. Twitch star Tae Ha Kim built this unusual gaming keyboard to stand out in a crowded industry.
- Built for gaming, this keyboard has lightning-fast response times. For a compact and efficient design, the 60% keyboard skips the number pad.
- This keyboard is unique in its “gasket mounting” construction. For dedicated gamers, it uses poron foam strips to customise typing feel and sound.
5. The Smorgasbord – $3,350
This is the beginning. It costs $3,350 to buy the Smorgasbord, a computer that makes the food emoji box come to life. It’s not your normal typing tool—Tiny made this amazing custom keyboard that feels like a culinary delight for your fingertips.
- Edible Beauty: The Smorgasbord is a unique and one of the most expensive keyboards. Each key is a handcrafted gourmet item, making typing a pleasant experience. QWERTY keyboard letters and symbols are on every key.
- Tantalising Typing: This keyboard is sensual. Need to press ‘M’? Tap a small milk container. Typing ‘B’? Enjoy a burger keycap. Traditional typing gets a tasty twist.
The Smorgasboard may not be the most affordable PC peripheral, but it offers a unique and luxurious typing experience that will satisfy foodies and keyboardists.
6. The Seafarer Keyboard – $1,299
Introducing this Seafarer Keyboard, an original piece of art by Datamancer with a fish theme that costs $1,299. This keyboard is more than a way to type; it’s also a trip into the seafaring past, made for people who like the nicer things in technology and design.
- The Seafarer Keyboard channels old-fashioned sloops and pirate ships. Its metal panels are beautifully carved to seem like worn wood, and the faceplate has an old map. Captain’s quarters keyboard.
- Unique Design: This keyboard is handcrafted and unique. As a tool and a statement piece, it brings seafaring adventure to your workstation.
While The Seafarer Keyboard may not be the cheapest, it is cherished by individuals who love the sea and excellent craftsmanship for its unique blend of creativity and usefulness.
7. Custom Keyboard For Sara Dietschy – $1,000.
The Custom Keyboard For Sara Dietschy is an unique work of art by Tiny (tiny makes things) that is both useful and beautiful. At $1,000, this keyboard shows how hard professional keyboard artist Tiny works and how creative he is. Here are some of its best benefits and why it costs so much:
- RGB Lighting: The most expensive keyboards has bright RGB backlighting that helps you change the rgb lighting to suit your mood or the atmosphere of your office.
- Peach-Cube ESCAPE Key: The peach-cube ESCAPE (Esc) key is a unique touch that gives the computer a fun and unique look.
- Additional Desk Mat: This custom-made keyboard comes with an extra desk mat, making sure that your area is not only useful but also looks good.
- Holy Panda switches that you can feel: The keyboard has Holy Panda switches that you can feel, which are known for being responsive and giving you tactile input.
Even though the Custom Keyboard For Sara Dietschy costs a lot, it is well worth it because it not only works perfectly but also looks great and is personalised. It shows how talented and skilled Tiny is as a professional piano artist who made this one-of-a-kind piece.
8. The Sojourner Keyboard -$899
The $899 Sojourner Keyboard is a beautiful mix of old-fashioned looks and modern features. The circle function keys on this computer keyboard, which are decorated with calligraphic writing, take you back in time. The design is inspired by steampunk. Here are the most important things about it and why it costs what it does:
- Steampunk Style: The keyboard’s complete function keys and fancy writing make it look like an old typewriter.
- Quality Materials: The Sojourner Keyboard stands out from other keyboards because it is made of old leatherette and brass.
- This keyboard feels good and brings back feelings for people who like to type words by hand and like things that are old.
The Sojourner Keyboard’s price is based on its exclusive design, high-quality materials, and limited appeal to fans of old things and steampunk. It might not be for games or people who need to get things done quickly, but it’s a statement keyboard for people who value design and craftsmanship.
9. Happy Hacking Keyboard 25th Anniversary Limited Edition -$280
The Happy Hacking Keyboard 25th Anniversary Limited Edition is a small, fast keyboard made to help you get more done. It costs $280. This one-of-a-kind keyboard is one of the best high-value options, and here’s why:
- Small Design: The keyboard has a small setup with keys that are close together, which makes typing easier and requires less hand movement.
- Focused on Efficiency: Made to boost productivity, it’s the perfect tool for work-related tasks and makes working quick and easy.
- Topre Silent Key Switches: The keys have Topre silent key switches built in, which makes them extremely quiet and fast, which is great for office settings.
10. Logitech G915 Lightspeed RGB Mechanical Keyboard- $249
For $249, you may purchase the Logitech G915 Lightspeed RGB Optical Mechanical Keyboard, which is a modern and stylish wireless game keyboard. The gaming keyboard is different from cheaper USB options in a number of ways, which makes it a great choice for players.
- Wireless Freedom: As a completely wireless game, most expensive keyboards, the G915 may be placed anywhere in your setup without USB connections.
- Backlit Function Keys: The backlit RGB function keys make games simpler to play in low light.
- Games and sensory lovers can choose between Linear, tactile, and Clicky modes.
- G-Keys: Users can programme tasks or macros to the keyboard’s G-keys to customise their game play.
Also Read – Best Telescopes For Viewing Planets And Galaxies
In tech, computer keyboards are often powerful. They have a long history that goes back to teleprinters and keypunch machines. Nevertheless, the 10 most expensive gaming keyboards of 2024 combine wealth and engineering. The Golden Summoner from ADATA shines like 24-karat gold, and the Sui President Aluminium shows off the skill of a master craftsman. Gamers love Tfue’s Custom Keyboard, and The Smorgasbord makes typing delicious.
While the Seafarer Keyboard has a nautical feel, Sara Dietschy’s unique design gives it a more personal touch. Happy Hacking’s 25th Anniversary model is very efficient, and The Sojourner has a vintage feel to it. For better games, Logitech’s G915 gets wireless. They’re not just computers; they’re works of art that combine technology and style.