When you’re looking for a TV specifically for gaming, there are some things to keep in mind that you wouldn’t normally consider for regular TV watching. Some important factors are low input lag, HDMI connection, high refresh rate, and good resolution. You’ll also want to consider factors like image quality, price, and screen size. It can be tough to find the perfect gaming TV with all these things in mind, but we’ve done the work for you. In this article, we’ve picked out the best gaming TVs at different price points, so you can find one that suits your needs and budget.
Playing video games on a big TV screen can be very exciting and immersive. If you have a high-end gaming PC or the latest gaming console, you would want to enjoy the stunning graphics on a bigger screen. Modern flat-screen TVs offer ultra-high-definition (4K) imagery and fast response times that make gaming even more enjoyable. However, there are many factors to consider when choosing a TV for gaming, and it can be overwhelming. To help you out, we have created this guide that explains the technical terms related to TV technology for gaming.
When looking for a TV for your gaming needs, there are some key features to consider. Here are some of the most essential factors to keep in mind:
1. Refresh rate: The number of times the TV refreshes the image on the screen in a second. Look for a higher refresh rate for a seamless and smooth experience, preferably between 60-90-144Hz.
2. Screen resolution: A higher screen resolution gives you more detailed and sharper images. HD (1280 x 720 pixels) is a good option for a decent smart TV at an affordable price. For a better viewing experience, go for Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) or 4K UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels).
3. Connectivity: Look for built-in Wi-Fi (preferably 2.4GHz or 5GHz) and multiple HDMI, USB, and AV ports for connecting gaming consoles and speakers.
4. Smart features: Consider TVs with built-in voice assistants like Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa to control the TV and other smart home devices.
5. Brand and Price: Research the brand of the TV and compare prices to ensure you are getting a good deal.
6. Reviews: Read and research reviews from other customers to see their experiences with the product.
7. Lower input lag is better for fast-paced games. Look for a TV with an input lag of 30ms or less, with 20ms being excellent. Use websites like Rtings and Display Lag to find input lag data for popular TVs
8. Consider the TV’s size based on your room size and sitting arrangements. A 55-inch TV is a good size for most people.
9. The TV’s resolution and HDR capability are important factors. Look for 4K resolution, good contrast ratio, peak brightness of at least 400 nits, and 10-bit color depth for the best HDR experience.
10. Check the TV’s ports, and prefer HDMI 2.1 certified ports that can push 4K120fps/8K60fps content. HDMI 2.0 ports can run only 4K60fps/8K30fps content.
11. Look for features like Variable Refresh Rate, Auto Low Latency Mode, and Enhanced Audio Return Channel.
12. Check for a 3.5 jack if you plan to use headphones and an ethernet socket if you want to connect to the internet directly.
Here is a list of the top 10 best TVs for gaming in India
1. LG CX Series OLED TV
The LG CX Series OLED TV is an excellent choice for gaming and the best tv for gaming in India on the PS5 and Xbox Series X. It has a low input lag of only 1 ms and supports up to 120Hz refresh rate, which is perfect for fast-paced games.
- The TV comes with four HDMI 2.1 ports that support features like VRR, ALLM, and eARC.
- With a 4K resolution (3840×2160 pixels) and HDR support, the LG CX Series OLED TV produces stunning visuals with deep blacks and vibrant colors.
- Its OLED panel ensures perfect blacks by turning off pixels individually, leading to infinite contrast ratios. It has a peak brightness of 800 nits, making it suitable for bright rooms.
- The TV also features LG’s webOS, which is a smart TV platform that allows easy access to streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ with an intuitive user interface. The LG CX Series OLED TV comes with LG’s Magic Remote, which supports voice commands and gesture control.
- The TV’s design is sleek and modern, with ultra-thin bezels and a slim profile. It has a built-in stand that allows it to be placed on a tabletop or mounted on the wall with a VESA mount.
Overall, the LG CX Series OLED TV is a great choice for gamers looking for a TV that supports the latest features and produces stunning visuals. Its low input lag, 120Hz refresh rate, and HDMI 2.1 ports make it ideal for gaming on the PS5 and Xbox Series X, while its OLED panel produces deep blacks and vibrant colors. Its smart TV features and sleek design add to its appeal.
2. Samsung Q80T QLED TV
The Samsung Q80T QLED TV is the top 10 best tv for gaming in India on the PS5 and Xbox Series X. It features a 4K resolution (3840×2160 pixels) with Quantum Dot technology and direct full-array backlight that ensures vivid and accurate colors.
- It also has a refresh rate of 120Hz, which provides smooth gameplay and minimizes motion blur.
- The TV’s input lag is very low at 9.6ms in Game Mode, which makes it very responsive and ideal for competitive gaming. It also has FreeSync technology that eliminates screen tearing and stuttering by synchronizing the TV’s refresh rate with the game’s frame rate.
- The Q80T has HDMI 2.1 ports that support 4K120fps content and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) for a seamless gaming experience. It also has ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) that automatically switches the TV to Game Mode when a compatible game console is detected.
- The TV has a sleek and modern design with thin bezels and a slim profile. It also features an ambient mode that displays art or photos when not in use. The Q80T has a built-in voice assistant (Bixby) that allows you to control the TV with your voice.
Overall, the Samsung Q80T QLED TV is a great choice for gamers who want a TV that provides excellent picture quality, low input lag, and advanced gaming features.
3. Sony X900H 4K TV
The Sony X900H is a 4K TV that’s perfect for gaming on PS5 and Xbox Series X. It comes with a many features that make it the best choice for gamers.
- One of the most important features for gamers is the input lag, and the X900H has a very low input lag of just 7.2ms in 1080p at 120Hz and 4K at 60Hz. It means that the TV can display your actions almost instantly, giving you an advantage in fast-paced games.
- Another important feature for gaming is the refresh rate, and the X900H has a refresh rate of up to 120Hz, which provides a smoother gaming experience. It also has a low-motion blur, which means that fast-moving objects on the screen will be clear and easy to see.
- The X900H supports HDR, which provides a wider range of colors and a higher contrast ratio, making the visuals more stunning and detailed. It also has a 4K resolution (3840×2160 pixels), which provides a crisp and clear picture.
- The TV has four HDMI ports, including one HDMI 2.1 port, which supports 4K120fps content, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM). It also has eARC, which allows for high-quality audio transmission to and from external soundbars or receivers.
- The X900H comes in a range of sizes, from 55 inches to 85 inches, so you can choose the size that best fits your room. It also has a sleek design that make it the best choice for gamers in any setting.
In conclusion, the Sony X900H 4K TV is a great choice for gamers who want a TV that can display their actions almost instantly, provide a smoother gaming experience, and support HDR for stunning and detailed visuals. Its low input lag, high refresh rate, and HDMI 2.1 support make it a great choice for PS5 and Xbox Series X gamers.
4. Vizio M-Series Quantum
The Vizio M-Series Quantum is a budget-friendly 4K TV that is perfect for gaming on PS5 and Xbox Series X. It comes in various sizes, ranging from 50 inches to 75 inches, making it suitable for various room sizes. Here are some of its main features that make it the best choice for gamers.
- Quantum Color: The Vizio M-Series Quantum has a wide color gamut, which means it can produce more colors than other TVs in its price range. This feature provides vivid and lifelike colors that enhance the gaming experience.
- 4K HDR: The TV has a resolution of 4K, which means it has four times the number of pixels as a 1080p TV. It also supports HDR content, which provides a wider range of colors and contrast.
- Vizio IQ Active Processor: The Vizio M-Series Quantum comes with a powerful processor that ensures a smooth and responsive gaming experience. It also upscales lower-resolution content to 4K resolution.
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR): The TV supports a Variable Refresh Rate, which allows the TV to match the refresh rate of the console, resulting in smooth and fluid gameplay.
- HDMI 2.1: The Vizio M-Series Quantum has HDMI 2.1 ports that support 4K gaming at 120Hz, making it compatible with the latest gaming consoles like PS5 and Xbox Series X.
- SmartCast 4.0: The TV comes with Vizio’s SmartCast 4.0, which provides access to popular streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+. It also has a built-in Google Chromecast, which allows you to cast content from your phone or tablet to the TV.
Overall, the Vizio M-Series Quantum is an affordable and feature-packed TV that offers an excellent gaming experience. It has a low input lag, supports VRR, and has HDMI 2.1 ports, making it an excellent choice for gamers on a budget and the best tv for gaming in India.
5. TCL 6-Series
The TCL 6-Series is a great choice for gamers on a budget who want a good quality TV that supports the latest gaming features. It is available in sizes from 55 inches to 75 inches ranges.
- One of the key features of the TCL 6-Series is its low input lag. With a response time of less than 15ms, it’s one of the fastest TVs on the market for gaming. This means that your actions will be displayed on the screen almost instantly, giving you a competitive edge in fast-paced games.
- The TV’s 4K resolution and HDR support also make it a great choice for gaming. The 4K resolution provides stunning visuals and the HDR support enhances color and contrast, making the images on the screen look more realistic.
- In addition, the TCL 6-Series has four HDMI 2.0 ports, which support 4K at 60 frames per second. This means that you can connect your PS5 or Xbox Series X and enjoy your games in full 4K resolution at 60fps. The TV also supports Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which further improve the gaming experience.
- The TV also features Roku TV, which offers a user-friendly interface and access to a vast library of streaming services, making it a versatile entertainment center.
Overall, the TCL 6-Series is an excellent choice for gamers who want a good quality TV with low input lag, 4K resolution, HDR support, and the latest gaming features, all at an affordable price.
6. Hisense H8G Quantum Series
The Hisense H8G Quantum Series is a budget-friendly option that offers great features for gaming on PS5 and Xbox Series X. This TV features 4K resolution, which means that you can enjoy high-quality gaming visuals with sharp and crisp images.
- It has a 60Hz refresh rate, which is good for most games, but it’s not as high as some other TVs. However, it does support motion interpolation, which can make lower frame rate content look smoother.
- The Hisense H8G Quantum Series also has a low input lag of around 15ms, which means that you can react quickly to what’s happening in the game. It supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision, so you can enjoy vibrant colors and bright highlights in HDR content. It has a wide color gamut that can display over 90% of the DCI-P3 color space, which is impressive for a budget TV.
- The TV has four HDMI 2.0b ports that support HDCP 2.2, which means that you can connect your PS5 and Xbox Series X consoles, as well as other devices like a soundbar or a Blu-ray player. It also has a USB 3.0 port, an Ethernet port, and built-in Wi-Fi for easy internet connectivity. The Hisense H8G Quantum Series also has a built-in Google Assistant, which means that you can control the TV with your voice.
- The Hisense H8G Quantum Series is available in sizes ranging from 50 inches to 75 inches, so you can choose the best size for your gaming setup. The TV also features a sleek and stylish design with thin bezels and a metal stand.
Overall, the Hisense H8G Quantum Series is a great option for gamers who are looking for a budget-friendly TV with impressive features and the best tv for gaming in India.
7. LG Nano90 Series
The LG Nano90 Series is a high-end 4K TV that’s perfect for gaming on PS5 and Xbox Series X. It comes in a range of sizes, from 55 inches to 86 inches, so you can choose the size that fits your room best.
- One of the key features of the LG Nano90 Series is its use of NanoCell technology. This technology uses tiny particles to produce more accurate colors and better contrast, resulting in a more immersive gaming experience. The TV also has a fast refresh rate of 120Hz, which helps to reduce motion blur and input lag, making it great for fast-paced games.
- Another important feature of the LG Nano90 Series is its support for HDR content. It has a wide color gamut and can display HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision content. This means that games with high dynamic range will look amazing on this TV, with bright colors and deep blacks.
- The LG Nano90 Series also has a range of ports that are perfect for gaming. It has four HDMI 2.1 ports, which means you can connect your PS5 or Xbox Series X and enjoy 4K gaming at 120fps. The TV also has a low input lag, which means there’s very little delay between pressing a button on your controller and seeing the action on the screen.
Finally, the LG Nano90 Series has a sleek design with thin bezels and a slim profile. It also has built-in speakers that produce high-quality sound, although you can also connect external speakers or a soundbar for an even more immersive audio experience.
8. Samsung TU8000 Crystal UHD TV
The Samsung TU8000 Crystal UHD TV is a budget-friendly option that offers decent gaming performance for the PS5 and Xbox Series X. It features a 4K UHD resolution with a Crystal Processor 4K, which enhances the picture quality and reduces image noise. The TV comes in sizes ranging from 43 inches to 85 inches, allowing you to choose a size that suits your needs.
- The TU8000 has a low input lag of around 9.6ms, which is great for fast-paced games. It also supports HDMI 2.1, which enables you to enjoy 4K content at 60Hz, as well as Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM). These features help to reduce screen tearing and input lag, making your gaming experience smoother.
- The TV also has a Game Enhancer mode, which optimizes the picture and sound settings for gaming. This mode includes settings such as FreeSync, which helps to eliminate stuttering and tearing, and Dynamic Black Equalizer, which enhances visibility in dark scenes.
- In terms of sound, the TU8000 has built-in speakers that provide decent audio quality. However, if you want to enhance your audio experience, you can connect external speakers via Bluetooth or the optical output.
Overall, the Samsung TU8000 Crystal UHD TV is a good budget option for gaming on the PS5 and Xbox Series X, with its low input lag, support for HDMI 2.1, and game-enhancing features. However, its picture quality may not be as good as some of the higher-end models.
9. Sony X950H 4K TV
The Sony X950H 4K TV is a great option for gaming on the PS5 and Xbox Series X. It has a 4K Ultra HD resolution with HDR and up to 120fps refresh rate, making it a great choice for fast-paced games. It also has a low input lag of 14.2ms, ensuring a smooth and responsive gaming experience.
- The X950H features Sony’s X1 Ultimate processor which enhances the picture quality and delivers vibrant colors and contrast. It also has a Full Array Local Dimming (FALD) backlight system that produces deep blacks and bright whites, resulting in a high contrast ratio.
- The TV supports Dolby Vision and HDR10, which provides a wider range of colors and brightness levels, making games more realistic and immersive. It also has a feature called X-Motion Clarity, which reduces motion blur, making fast-moving objects appear smoother.
- The X950H has four HDMI 2.0 ports, which can support 4K60fps and 1080p120fps content. It also has features such as Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) that ensure a smooth and seamless gaming experience. Additionally, the TV has a built-in Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, which allows for easy voice control and smart home integration.
- The design of the TV is sleek and modern, with thin bezels and a sturdy stand. It also has a cable management system that keeps the cables tidy and out of sight.
Overall, the Sony X950H is a great option for gamers who want a high-quality, responsive, and immersive gaming experience.
10. Panasonic HX800 Series
The Panasonic HX800 Series is a range of 4K LED TVs designed for gaming on PS5 and Xbox Series X. The TVs are available in a range of sizes from 40 inches to 65 inches.
- The HX800 Series features a high-quality IPS panel with wide viewing angles and accurate colors. The TV also comes with a built-in Game Mode that reduces input lag and enhances motion handling for a smoother gaming experience.
- The Panasonic HX800 Series supports HDR content, including HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG, which means you can enjoy a wider range of colors and brighter images when watching compatible content.
- The TV also has a good contrast ratio and deep blacks, which make dark scenes look great. The HX800 Series has a maximum brightness of 400 nits, which is good enough for most viewing conditions.
- One of the most important features of a gaming TV is its input lag, and the HX800 Series performs well in this regard. The TV has a low input lag of 15ms, which means you can enjoy a fast and responsive gaming experience without any noticeable delay. The TV also comes with HDMI 2.0b ports, which support 4K/60fps and HDR content.
- The Panasonic HX800 Series also comes with a range of other features, including built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and support for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control. The TV also supports Dolby Atmos audio, which provides a more immersive sound experience when watching compatible content.
Overall, the Panasonic HX800 Series is a great choice for gamers who want a TV with low input lag, great picture quality, and a range of features. The TV is also available at a relatively affordable price, making it a good value-for-money option.
Some of the best TVs for gaming in India include the LG CX Series OLED TV, Samsung Q80T QLED TV, Sony X900H 4K TV, Vizio M-Series Quantum, TCL 6-Series, Hisense H8G Quantum Series, LG Nano90 Series, Samsung TU8000 Crystal UHD TV, and Panasonic HX800 Series. When choosing a TV for gaming, it’s important to consider factors such as input lag, size, resolution, HDR capability, ports and features like Variable Refresh Rate and Auto Low Latency Mode.