Many companies make two-wheelers in India, such as Honda, Hero, Bajaj, and TVS. These brands are very popular and have consistently been the top 10 best-selling bikes in India. In the last financial year, the top ten two-wheelers cost less than $1 billion and total sales decreased to 97,57,340 units from 1,05,56,499 units. It means that there was a loss in sales of about 8 lakh units or 7.57 percent. Choosing the best bike or scooter can be difficult with so many options available. To help you out, we have created a list of some of the Top 10 Best Selling Bikes in India with information on their features, and specs.
List of the Top 10 Best Selling Bikes in India.
1. Hero Splendor
The Hero Splendor is a commuter motorcycle that has established itself as a top choice for riders in India. It is known for its affordable price, fuel efficiency, and dependable performance, making it an ideal option for daily commutes or city riding. The bike has been in production since 1994 and has undergone several upgrades, ensuring it remains competitive in the market. The Hero Splendor has a reputation for being a reliable and practical motorcycle, which has contributed to its continued popularity among riders.
Here are the key features of Hero Splendor:
- The Hero Splendor is a commuter motorcycle that features a dependable and fuel-efficient 97.2cc engine. It has a maximum power output of 8.02 PS and a peak torque of 8.05 Nm.
- The motorcycle features a four-speed gearbox with a manual clutch for smooth and easy shifting.
- The bike comes with a sleek and aerodynamic design, with a stylish headlamp, graphics, and alloy wheels for added aesthetics.
- The Splendor is built for comfort, with a long and wide seat providing ample space for both the rider and the passenger.
- The bike features a telescopic front suspension and a hydraulic shock absorber at the rear, providing a smooth and comfortable ride even on bumpy roads.
- The Hero Splendor is equipped with a range of safety features, such as an integrated braking system and tubeless tires, ensuring better control and stability while riding.
- With a mileage of up to 81 km/l, the Hero Splendor is known for its exceptional fuel efficiency, making it a cost-effective option for daily commuters.
- The motorcycle is available in several different colors and models, including the Splendor Plus, Splendor iSmart, and Splendor Pro, catering to a range of preferences and needs.
- Emphasizing its practicality and affordability as a daily commuter motorcycle.
- You have also highlighted the bike’s lightweight and reliable build as well as its ease of maintenance, all of which make it an ideal choice for riders in India.
2. TVS Jupiter
TVS Jupiter is a popular scooter and is one of the best-selling bikes in India, known for its impressive performance, stylish design, and comfortable ride. It is manufactured by TVS Motor Company, a well-known Indian two-wheeler manufacturer. The scooter is available in several variants, each with unique features and specifications. It is a highly sought-after scooter among daily commuters and those looking for a reliable and efficient two-wheeler. With its exceptional features, the TVS Jupiter is an ideal choice for anyone looking for a comfortable and convenient mode of transportation.
Here are some key features of the TVS Jupiter:
- Engine: The TVS Jupiter comes with a 110cc single-cylinder engine that generates a power of 7.47 bhp and torque of 8.4 Nm.
- Fuel efficiency: The bike boasts a fuel tank capacity of 5 liters and delivers an impressive mileage of around 60 km, making it an ideal choice for daily commuters.
- Design: Jupiter has a sleek and stylish design with an aerodynamic body, making it stand out from other scooters in its class.
- Comfort: The bike is equipped with a comfortable and spacious seat, which provides a comfortable ride for both the rider and the pillion.
- Technology: The TVS Jupiter comes with a range of advanced features, including an LED headlamp, an external fuel fill, a pass-by switch, and a mobile charger. The scooter also has a digital instrument cluster and an Econometer that helps to optimize fuel efficiency.
- Safety: The bike comes with a front telescopic suspension and a rear gas-filled shock absorber that provides a smooth and comfortable ride, even on rough roads. It also has a front and rear drum brake with a synchronized braking system, ensuring maximum safety while riding.
These are some of the key features that make the TVS Jupiter a popular choice among scooter buyers in India.
Here are the specializations of TVS Jupiter:
- Jupiter offers one of the largest storage spaces in its category with a 21-liter under-seat storage compartment, making it an ideal choice for riders who require ample space to store their belongings.
- The bike comes with a low fuel indicator and an eco-mode indicator, which helps to optimize fuel consumption and reduce emissions.
- The Jupiter is designed for a comfortable and smooth ride, with its telescopic suspension system and gas-filled rear shock absorbers.
- The bike features an advanced braking system with a sync braking technology that helps to distribute equal braking force to both wheels, ensuring greater safety on the road.
- With its BS6-compliant engine, the TVS Jupiter delivers an exceptional mileage of 60 km/l, making it one of the most fuel-efficient scooters in its class.
- The bike is available in a range of vibrant colors and offers a range of advanced features such as LED headlamps, external fuel fill, and a mobile charging socket, making it an attractive option for riders who value both style and functionality.
3. Hero Glamour
The Hero Glamour is a stylish and robust 125cc motorcycle that has captured the hearts of riders across India. With its attractive appearance, advanced technology, and comfortable riding experience, the Glamour is a popular choice for those looking for a reliable and efficient two-wheeler.
Here are the features of the Hero Glamour in points:
- Powerful 125cc engine for excellent performance and fuel efficiency
- i3S technology to optimize fuel consumption and reduce emissions
- Digital instrument console for easy access to important information
- Long and wide seats for a comfortable riding experience for both rider and passenger
- Robust build and durability for a reliable two-wheeler
- Available in three different models: Glamour, new Glamour, and Glamour XTEC, each with unique features and specializations
- Stylish appearance and design for a trendy look on the road
- Advanced technology for a smooth and safe ride, including tubeless tires and an integrated braking system
- Available in several colors to suit individual preferences and styles
- Ideal for routine commuting or weekend adventurer
- Stylish design with aerodynamic lines and graphics
- Powerful 125cc engine delivering exceptional performance and fuel efficiency
- i3S technology to optimize fuel consumption and reduce emissions
- Digital instrument console displaying speed, fuel level, and other important information
- Long and wide seats for a comfortable riding experience for both the rider and the passenger
- Robust build and durability make it reliable for daily commuting and weekend adventures
- Available in three different models – Glamour, new Glamour, and Glamour XTEC – each with unique features and specializations catering to individual needs and preferences.
4. Honda CB Shine
The Honda CB Shine is a highly popular two-wheeler in India, renowned for its outstanding performance and fuel efficiency. In 2022, the commuter bike sold an impressive 11,01,684 units in the consumer market segment. Available in six distinct colors, the CB Shine is offered in two versions, with the less expensive model generating 10.5 horsepower and 11 Nm of torque.
Here are the features and specializations of each bike from their respective points of view:
- 125cc engine capacity
- Mileage of 50 km/l
- Stylish graphics and design
- Advanced technology, including a single-channel ABS and engine, start/stop switch
- Comfortable riding experience with a long and wide seat and adjustable rear suspension
- Reliable and efficient performance for daily commuters
- Available in six different colors
- The Honda CB Shine is a highly efficient and reliable commuter bike, offering excellent fuel efficiency and advanced technology features.
- It is an ideal choice for daily commuters looking for a comfortable and efficient ride.
5. Bajaj Pulsar
The Bajaj Pulsar is one of the best-selling bikes in India and comes in seven different models, each with unique features and upgrades. Since its launch in 2001, the Pulsar has undergone several updates, making it the most popular bike in Bajaj’s lineup. The Pulsar 125, the most affordable model in the series, has an engine that produces 11.8 horsepower and 11 Nm of torque, providing great value to riders. The Pulsar series, including the 125, 150, NS125, NS160, NS200, RS200, N250, and F250, ranges in price from Rs 88,902 to Rs 1,44,979. The sporty and fashionable look of the Pulsar series, along with its superior performance, makes it a favorite among young riders in India.
- Sporty and stylish design
- LED headlamp and tail lamp
- The fully digital instrument console
- Split seats
- Tubeless tires
- Dual disc brakes
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
- Nitrox mono-shock absorbers
- Twin projector headlamps (in certain models)
Specifications (for the Pulsar 150 model):
- Engine capacity: 149.5cc,
- air-cooled engine Maximum power: 14 PS at 8,000 RPM
- Maximum torque is 13.25 Nm at 6,500 RPM
- Fuel system: Carburetor Transmission: 5-speed manual gearbox
- Fuel tank capacity: 15 liters Mileage: 50-55 km/l (approx.) Weight: 144 kg (approx.)
Note: Please keep in mind that the specifications may vary slightly depending on the specific model of the Bajaj Pulsar.
6. HF Hero Deluxe
The Hero HF Deluxe is a reliable and durable motorcycle that is ideal for everyday commuting, much like the Splendor. It is available in 5 different versions in the Indian market and was the first entry-level vehicle from Hero to receive a BS-VI emission rating in 2020. The engine features “XSens Technology,” delivering a maximum power output of 7.9 bhp and a maximum torque output of 8.05 Nm. The motorcycle is priced between Rs 56,070 and Rs 64,520 and is a popular choice among buyers in rural India due to its affordability. In India, the Hero HF Deluxe motorcycle witnessed a whopping 11,65,163 unit sales by Hero MotoCorp.
Here are the features and specifications for the HF Deluxe motorcycle from Hero MotoCorp:
- Electric start
- Analog speedometer
- Low fuel indicator
- Stylish graphics on the fuel tank
- Attractive headlamp and taillight design
- Integrated pillion grab rail
- Comfortable seat
- Tubeless tires
- Adjustable rear suspension
- Engine capacity: 97.2cc
- Maximum power: 5.91 kW @ 8,000 rpm
- Maximum torque: 8.05 Nm @ 6,000 rpm
- Mileage: 70 km/l
- Transmission: 4-speed constant mesh
- Suspension: Telescopic hydraulic shock absorbers (front) and 2-step adjustable hydraulic shock absorbers (rear)
- Brakes: 130mm drum brakes (front and rear)
- Fuel tank capacity: 9.6 liters
7. TVS Apache
The TVS Apache is a popular motorcycle in India known for its sporty design and performance. It is available in several variants with different engine capacities and features. The Apache features a digital instrument cluster, LED lighting, tubeless tires, and disc brakes for improved safety. It is also equipped with the TVS SmartXonnect system, which allows riders to connect their smartphones to the motorcycle and access various features such as turn-by-turn navigation and ride statistics. The TVS Apache has consistently been one of the best-selling motorcycles in India, particularly in the sports bike category
- Muscular design with sharp styling
- LED headlamps and DRLs (Daytime Running Lights)
- Fully digital instrument cluster and Bluetooth connectivity
- Dual-channel ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
- Tubeless tires for better grip and safety
- Split seats for rider and pillion comfort
- Engine kill switch for added convenience
- Available in multiple color options.
Here are the specifications of the TVS Apache:
- Engine capacity: 160cc or 200cc
- Mileage: 45-50 km/l
- Maximum power output: 15.53 bhp at 8,500 rpm or 20.5 bhp at 8,500 rpm (depending on model)
- Maximum torque output: 13.9 Nm at 7,000 rpm or 16.8 Nm at 7,500 rpm (depending on the model)
- Transmission: 5-speed manual
- Brakes: Front and rear disc brakes
- Suspension is Telescopic front forks and rear mono-shock.
- Fuel tank capacity: 12 liters
- Weight: 139-152 kg (depending on model)
8. Royal Enfield Classic 350
Royal Enfield Classic 350 is a popular cruiser motorcycle in India. It is known for its classic design and sturdy build. Here are some details about its features and specifications:
- Classic retro design
- Dual-channel ABS
- Front and rear disc brakes
- Telescopic suspension
- Spacious seat
- Analog instrument cluster
- Halogen headlight
- Engine capacity: 346cc
- Power output: 19.1 bhp at 5,250 RPM
- Torque: 28 Nm at 4,000 RPM
- Mileage: 35-40 km/l
9. Honda Activa
The Honda Activa is a popular scooter in India, known for its reliability and ease of use. It is powered by a 109cc engine and has a mileage of around 60 km/l. The Activa also features an electric start, tubeless tires, and a digital instrument console. Its comfortable ride and practicality make it a top choice for many riders in India, and it has consistently been one of the best-selling bikes in the country.
The Honda Activa is a popular scooter in India, known for its reliability and practicality. Some of its key features include
- Spacious under-seat storage compartment,
- Automatic Headlight On (AHO) for safety,
- An analog speedometer,
- A fuel gauge, and
- An electric start.
- It also has a low oil indicator and a halogen headlight.
- An additional feature is the external fuel filling, which makes it easy to refuel the scooter.
Engine capacity: 109cc/125cc Mileage: 45-50 km/l (for Activa 6G, 5G, 4G, and Activa 125 BS6 models)
Honda Activa is one of the best-selling scooters in India, known for its reliability, comfort, and ease of use.
10. Bajaj Platina
The Bajaj Platina is a popular commuter motorcycle in India known for its fuel efficiency, affordability, and comfortable riding experience. Manufactured by Bajaj Auto, the Platina has been designed with a focus on practicality and reliability, making it a favorite among daily commuters and riders looking for a budget-friendly two-wheeler. Since its launch in 2006, the Bajaj Platina has undergone several upgrades, with the latest models equipped with advanced features such as LED headlights and a digital instrument console.
- It comes with a 102cc single-cylinder engine that produces 7.9 horsepower and 8.34 Nm of torque.
- The bike has a top speed of 90 km/h and can give a mileage of up to 80 km/l. It is available in different variants and price ranges, starting from around Rs. 50,000.
- The Bajaj Platina has been consistently among the best-selling bikes in India for several years.
- Comfortable long seat
- Tubeless tires
- LED daylight running lights
- Low rolling resistance tires for better mileage
- Spring-on-spring suspension for a comfortable ride
- 5-speed gearbox (in Platina 110 H Gear variant)
- Anti-skid braking system (ABS) (in Platina 110 H Gear variant)
- The Bajaj Platina is equipped with a 102cc engine, which delivers a mileage of 65 km/l.
In conclusion, the Indian market for two-wheelers is highly competitive, with a wide range of options available to riders. Among these, the Hero Splendor and the Honda Activa are two of the best-selling bikes in India, each with its unique features and specializations.
The Hero Splendor is a reliable and cost-effective option for daily commuters, offering excellent fuel efficiency and low maintenance costs. Its lightweight frame and smooth engine make it easy to handle in traffic, while it’s affordability and widespread service network make it a popular choice among budget-conscious riders.
On the other hand, the Honda Activa offers a comfortable and convenient riding experience, with features such as a spacious under-seat storage compartment and a smooth automatic transmission. It is specialized in providing a hassle-free and practical mode of transportation, with a focus on convenience and ease of use.
Ultimately, the choice between these two bikes (and the many other options available in the market) will depend on the individual rider’s preferences and requirements. However, both the Hero Splendor and the Honda Activa have carved out a significant share of the Indian two-wheeler market, and continue to be popular choices among riders across the country.